The Ethanol Effect
From Iowa’s farm fields to Washington’s corridors of power, and from the algae-choked surface of the Great Lakes to the poisoned depths of the Gulf of Mexico, The Ethanol Effect investigates the human, environmental and political costs of growing and refining corn for ethanol in America.
Our guide through the tangled web of ethanol’s influence is David Biello. Follow Biello as he untangles the web of ethanol’s unexpected influence on our daily in The Ethanol Effect.
The Ethanol Effect was produced by the team behind Detroit Public Television’s Alfred I. DuPont/Columbia University Award-winning series Beyond the Light Switch.
- Beyond the Light Switch
- Detroit Art City
- Detroit Designs the World
- Detroit Remember When
- The Ethanol Effect
- Great Lakes Now
- Heartbeat of the Community: Recruiting and Retaining Teachers in Rural Schools
- Inside Grand Hotel
- Mackinac – Our Famous Island
- Making It: Latino Students’ Pathways to College
- Ride the Tiger
- State of Teacher Preparation: Research and Stories from Early Years in the Classroom
- Strength in Numbers: Closing Achievement Gaps through Collaboration
- When I’m 65