Engagement Coordinator, Michigan Learning Channel
ABOUT DETROIT PUBLIC TV
Detroit Public TV (DPTV) is Michigan’s largest and most watched television station serving Southeastern Michigan, and serves the most diverse public television audience in the country. DPTV is also the state’s only community-licensed station, meaning it operates independent of any educational, government or other institution. Its funding comes from the community it serves.
Each week more than two million people watch our four broadcast channels, and nearly 200,000 people listen to our radio station, WRCJ 90.9 FM for classical days and jazzy nights. In addition, DPTV is building the next generation of public media with our rapidly growing digital presence which has grown to reach more than half a million unique visitors through our website, YouTube channels, and social media platforms each month.
Our core values: excellence, innovation, trust, diversity, engagement and financial sustainability are evident in everything we do. From the engaging content we provide, to the way we work with viewers, supporters, board members and employees, to the local events we host, DPTV connects with thousands of our fellow community members each year.
Does the idea of joining our team of dedicated professionals with different backgrounds and experiences excite you? If so, we invite you to join us in our mission to educate, engage, entertain and inspire through the power of public media.
We are actively pursuing a dynamic and diverse team member to join us in the role of Engagement Coordinator in Wixom, MI.
The Engagement Coordinator supports the engagement initiatives of the Michigan Learning Channel, both statewide and in Detroit in coordination and collaboration with the DPTV Education team. This role will coordinate and execute engagement activities with families, public and private school teachers and schools. The Engagement Coordinator advocates for the use of the channel by educators, families, and students, and collects feedback and suggestions for improving the service.
- Track relationships with school districts, ISD’s and RESAs, and with teachers within the station’s viewing area to promote the use of the Michigan Learning Channel
- Distribute Michigan Learning Channel and PBS resources to teachers and families to optimize their use of the service
- Coordinate electronic communications to families and educators within the station’s viewing area about Michigan Learning Channel programming, digital resources, special events, and trainings.
- Collect testimonials and best practices on how educators are using the channel
- Assist in the planning and execution of special events and trainings to improve usage of the Michigan Learning Channel
- Provide the programming scheduled for the Michigan Learning Channel to local teachers in advance so they can plan their lessons around the programming
- Align promotional campaigns with the school calendar, locally important events, as well as opportunities tied to specialized audiences
- Participate in on-air messaging, social media, and other platforms to improve communication among parents, teachers and schools statewide
- Track engagement activities and statistics into a CRM system provided by the Michigan Learning Channel
- Participate in scheduled trainings and consultations with the Michigan Learning Channel staff
- Order materials, collect data, and other duties as assigned by the Director, Education Engagement, to support the engagement of the Michigan Learning Channel.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must genuinely enjoy meeting with educators
- Ability to manage time and resources effectively
- Excellent organizational ability with strong attention to details
- Excellent follow up skills
- Excellent proposal writing skills
- Ability to interact and work in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or similar discipline, or equivalent experience
- Experience as a customer service representative or previous stakeholder engagement experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel
- Experience as a classroom teacher preferred
What you’ll get
As part of the DPTV family, you will enjoy a complete package of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 403(b) with employer match, HSA/FSA, life insurance, paid vacation days and paid holidays.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, our engaging and welcoming environment is a place where you can:
- Experience the rewarding feeling of knowing you are a part of an organization committed to the greater good of the community.
- Take a little time for fun and friendship. It’s not uncommon to catch people doing yoga together at lunch, conversing about their favorite part of a story during a book club meeting or enjoying a walk around the pond on a nice sunny day.
- Continue to grow and learn through opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Share your input, knowing that your ideas are valued and always welcome.
- Be yourself! We believe your uniqueness makes you an even greater asset to the team.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to:
WTVS Detroit Public Television
1 Clover Court
Wixom, MI 48393-2247
*No telephone calls or third parties.Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
Posting Date: 11/25/2020
Detroit Educational Television Foundation, d/b/a Detroit Public Television and WRCJ 90.9 FM, is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability status, marital status, military status, or protected veteran status. Employment decisions at Detroit Public Television will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The specific statements above are not intended to be all inclusive.