Tools for Hope
Equipping and Elevating Detroit's Early Childhood Professionals
Join us for a virtual professional development series, led by Detroit-based organizations with deep experience serving children and families.
The 10 session series will offer pertinent topics to help ECE professionals support children and families through trauma, pivot to virtual learning strategies, maintaining health and safety protocols when reopening, kindergarten readiness and more.
Select a date below to register. All sessions are 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
- Covid-19 protocols for infection control and hygiene practices
- Implications on the social and emotional development of children due to new infection control and hygiene practices.
Watch/Download the Recording:
- Wading through the “new” in the fall of 2020-strategies to support transitions with new regulations
- Examine ways to increase enrollment
Resources Shared During the Workshop:
Build Up Michigan – https://buildupmi.org/
Thrive from Home Resources – https://buildupmi.org/thrive
State of Michigan SmartMobile Education Technology Program – https://ww3.stratixcorp.com/michigan-set-order email concerns about the program to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NCPMI resources – https://challengingbehavior.cbcs.usf.edu/
DPTV Education Resources – http://dptv.org/education
PBS Learning Media – https://dptv.pbslearningmedia.org/
Safe YouTube – https://safeyoutube.net/
Tara’s FB Page – https://www.facebook.com/TaraDetroitPublicTV56
- Strategies and resources to improve mental health in the midst of a multitude of traumatic events for staff, families and children
- How to create a trauma informed classroom centered in equity for young children
- Methods to respond to challenging behaviors that are rooted in trauma
Now more than ever, it’s critical that we provide children, families and early childhood providers with resources to support mental and physical health and well-being. This interactive learning session will introduce strategies to help children develop healthy habits and connect providers and families to resources that are culturally relevant and accessible to support their efforts.
- Share strategies to support healthy living when food is scarce
- Examine food resources that provide balanced supplies
- Explore racial identity development with children
- Strategic planning
- Economic impact of COVID on families and the impact on reopening
- Financial Survival; best practices and resources
• Examine new policies that directly impact early learning centers, including staff and families post Covid-19
• How to strengthen relationships with elected officials
• What is advocacy and how does it affect policy
• Leveraging parent and community voice to champion policy change