Talking to Your Kids About Coronavirus
Resources for Parents & Caregivers
Resources for Educators
- Virus Information & Prevention collection
- Healthy Habits | Everyday Learning
- The Federal Bureau of Ick
- KidVision: How to Make Soap
Resources for Kids
DANIEL TIGER’S NEIGHBORHOOD:
- Doctor Daniel Game
- In My Bathroom Game
- Play at Home with Daniel Tiger App
- “Rest is Best” Strategy Song (video)
- Germs Germs Go Away (video)
- Abby and Elmo’s Potty Plan! Game
- Step by Step Handwashing with Elmo
- Elmo and Rosita: The Right Way to Sneeze! (video)
Connect with DPTV's Education Channels
Tara at Detroit Public TV
Do you feel angry? I do! Do your children feel angry? There is SO much going on in our world right now that can really produce anger! This message is to help you understand anger a little better as a parent. Once I learned this, I felt better equipped to take on angry behaviors from others. Take a look!
www.dptv.org/education/workshops-for-well-being/ ... See MoreSee Less
As a parent, I feel a little helpless. Do you feel like you should do something, but don't know what to do? This is a longer video with some ideas.
To summarize, CONNECTION is what we can do. Our children go through a lot of emotions, as do we. CONNECTION is what we can do. Reach out to people. Spend time with your children. Hug them a little bit more because you can.
One of the other pieces of information that sticks out to me from this content is that anger is a secondary emotion. That means when someone is showing anger, it is usually after feeling sad or fearful. That has helped me when dealing with anger from others, especially my own children. They are displaying anger, but feeling sad or scared deep down.
youtu.be/nE3vrTWLreU ... See MoreSee Less