Digital Content Coordinator, Michigan Learning Channel
ABOUT DETROIT PUBLIC TV
Detroit Public TV (DPTV) is Michigan’s largest and most-watched television station serving Southeastern Michigan and serves the most diverse public television audience in the country. DPTV is also the state’s only community-licensed station, meaning it operates independent of any educational, government or other institution. Its funding comes from the community it serves.
Each week more than two million people watch our four broadcast channels, and nearly 200,000 people listen to our radio station, WRCJ 90.9 FM for classical days and jazzy nights. In addition, DPTV is building the next generation of public media with our rapidly growing digital presence which has grown to reach more than half a million unique visitors through our website, YouTube channels, and social media platforms each month.
Our core values: excellence, innovation, trust, diversity, engagement and financial sustainability are evident in everything we do. From the engaging content we provide to the way we work with viewers, supporters, board members and employees, to the local events we host, DPTV connects with thousands of our fellow community members each year.
Does the idea of joining our team of dedicated professionals with different backgrounds and experiences excite you? If so, we invite you to join us in our mission to educate, engage, entertain and inspire through the power of public media.
We are actively pursuing a dynamic and diverse team member to join us in the role of Digital Platforms Coordinator in Wixom, MI.
As a part of the Engagement Team at Detroit Public TV, the Digital Content Coordinator for the Michigan Learning Channel is primarily responsible for supporting the Michigan Learning Channel website and social media presence. Tasks include knowledge of web page development, writing for digital communications including newsletters and social media.
- Support the Michigan Learning Channel website:
- Manage day-to-day content updates by adding pages via the Content Management System (CMS) – WordPress and through updates in HTML and CSS;
- Develop popups for events, new features;
- Regularly support the site with accessibility reviews;
- Support schedule updates for website display.
- Optimize website for search engine optimization through title, description, and other meta data development.
- Support social media content development for all education channels. Including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Develop graphics for digital marketing of the Michigan Learning Channel.
- Support email communications for the Michigan Learning Channel.
- Act as a liaison for agency supporting web development.
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to work effectively with people across all lines of the Company
- Ability to set and meet deadlines, work irregular and extended hours.
- Knowledge of website page development including use of HTML and CSS.
- Experience writing copy for digital marketing.
- Experience with the WordPress content management system.
- Experience with third-party plugins for WordPress.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop.
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite and Google Docs especially spreadsheets.
- WordPress knowledge a plus.
- Attention to detail very important.
- Certification, Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Digital Communications or related field
- 1-2 years of work-related experience
- 1+ years of experience writing for websites.
- 1+ years of experience creating graphics for digital marketing.
What you’ll get
As part of the DPTV family, you will enjoy a complete package of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 403(b) with employer match, HSA/FSA, life insurance, paid vacation days and paid holidays.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, our engaging and welcoming environment is a place where you can:
- Experience the rewarding feeling of knowing you are a part of an organization committed to the greater good of the community.
- Take a little time for fun and friendship. It’s not uncommon to catch people doing yoga together at lunch, conversing about their favorite part of a story during a book club meeting or enjoying a walk around the pond on a nice sunny day.
- Continue to grow and learn through opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Share your input, knowing that your ideas are valued and always welcome.
- Be yourself! We believe your uniqueness makes you an even greater asset to the team.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to:
WTVS Detroit Public Television
1 Clover Court
Wixom, MI 48393-2247
*No telephone calls or third parties. Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
Posting Date: 2/16/21
Detroit Educational Television Foundation, d/b/a Detroit Public Television and WRCJ 90.9 FM, is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability status, marital status, military status, or protected veteran status. Employment decisions at Detroit Public Television will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The specific statements above are not intended to be all inclusive.