ABOUT DETROIT PUBLIC TV
Detroit Public TV (DPTV) is Michigan’s largest and most watched television station serving Southeastern Michigan, and serves the most diverse public television audience in the country. DPTV is also the state’s only community-licensed station, meaning it operates independent of any educational, government or other institution. Its funding comes from the community it serves.
Each week more than two million people watch our four broadcast channels, and nearly 200,000 people listen to our radio station, WRCJ 90.9 FM for classical days and jazzy nights. In addition, DPTV is building the next generation of public media with our rapidly growing digital presence which has grown to reach more than half a million unique visitors through our website, YouTube channels, and social media platforms each month.
Our core values: excellence, innovation, trust, diversity, engagement and financial sustainability are evident in everything we do. From the engaging content we provide, to the way we work with viewers, supporters, board members and employees, to the local events we host, DPTV connects with thousands of our fellow community members each year.
Does the idea of joining our team of dedicated professionals with different backgrounds and experiences excite you? If so, we invite you to join us in our mission to educate, engage, entertain and inspire through the power of public media.
We are actively pursuing a dynamic and diverse team member to join us in the role of Digital Audience Coordinator. The station offices are in Wixom, MI. Due to Covid, we are currently working remotely and have not yet determined when we will return to the offices.
The Digital Audience Coordinator will support daily publishing of social media content for Detroit Public TV (DPTV) and 90.9 WRCJ social channels. Through collaboration with the Digital and Marketing team and DPTV content leaders create compelling, audience-appropriate, multi-channel, relevant content that engages and builds relationships with target audiences. Support data-driven decision making through the collection and analysis of key metrics and KPIs.
Does the idea of joining our team of dedicated professionals with different backgrounds and experiences excite you? If so, we invite you to join us in our mission to educate, engage, entertain, and inspire through the power of public media.
For more information about DPTV, please visit the website www.dptv.org.
- Develop and execute daily social media posts, for organic and paid platforms, around national PBS programming and DPTV special projects/productions.
- Execute and optimize social media advertising campaigns for target audiences across Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Support the development and execution of a social strategy, influencing the content calendar to strengthen social media presence.
- Develop/strategize, test, collect and analyze data, identify trends and insights in order to achieve maximum audience engagement and reach across social and digital platforms.
- Conduct analysis using native and third-party reporting platforms.
- Work with the Content and Marketing teams to develop assets and content to support program initiatives.
- Manage goal setting, development of KPIs, and regular performance reporting based on specified metrics and KPIs across all social properties with the intent to influence business and content decisions.
- Encourage viewer engagement through social media channels.
- Assist and support fundraising for DPTV and 90.9 WRCJ through social channels.
- Excellent understanding of social media communications and marketing technology, platforms and techniques.
- Appropriate posting techniques on each social platform and using social media tools such Sprout Social.
- Data analysis and critical thinking including the ability to develop spreadsheets, graph data, and format professional reports.
- Presentation, collaboration, and communicating with team members and leadership across the organization.
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
- Proficient in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube analytics
- Excellent eye for design; knowledge of social media graphic tools a plus.
- Knowledge of and adherence to tenets of accuracy, fairness and ethical standards of communications.
- Ability to adapt to a changing media landscape and to apply emerging technologies as necessary.
- Ability to be unflappable under pressure and have a “whatever it takes” attitude while managing multiple projects concurrently and paying close attention to detail.
- • Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or relevant experience field required.
What you’ll get
As part of the DPTV family, you will enjoy a complete package of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 403(b) with employer match, HSA/FSA, life insurance, paid vacation days and paid holidays.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, our engaging and welcoming environment is a place where you can:
- Experience the rewarding feeling of knowing you are a part of an organization committed to the greater good of the community.
- Take a little time for fun and friendship. It’s not uncommon to catch people doing yoga together at lunch, conversing about their favorite part of a story during a book club meeting or enjoying a walk around the pond on a nice sunny day.
- Continue to grow and learn through opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Share your input, knowing that your ideas are valued and always welcome.
- Be yourself! We believe your uniqueness makes you an even greater asset to the team.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to:
WTVS Detroit Public Television
1 Clover Court
Wixom, MI 48393-2247
*No telephone calls or third parties.Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
Posting Date: 3/9/2021
Detroit Educational Television Foundation, d/b/a Detroit Public Television and WRCJ 90.9 FM, is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability status, marital status, military status, or protected veteran status. Employment decisions at Detroit Public Television will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The specific statements above are not intended to be all inclusive.