Traffic Coordinator – Michigan Learning Channel
Who We Are:
Detroit Public TV (DPTV) is the largest and most watched public television station serving Southeastern Michigan, the most diverse public television audience in the country. We’re also the state’s only community-licensed station, meaning we operate independent of any educational, government or other institution. Our funding comes from the community we serve.
Each week more than two million people watch our five broadcast channels, and nearly 200,000 people listen to our radio station, 90.9 WRCJ for classical days and jazzy nights. In addition, DPTV is building the next generation of public media with our rapidly growing digital presence that has grown to reach more than half a million unique visitors through our website, YouTube channels and social media platforms each month.
Our key values: diversity, engagement, trust, innovation, excellence, financial stability, and growth are evident in everything we do from the engaging content we provide, to the way we work with viewers, supporters, board members and employees to the local events we host connecting DPTV with thousands of our fellow community members each year.
Does the idea of building your career alongside a dedicated group of professionals with different backgrounds and experiences excite you? If so, we invite you to join us in our mission to provide public media that helps individuals discover new ideas, make informed decisions, and enjoy enriched lives.
For more information about DPTV, please visit the website.
We are actively seeking dynamic and diverse team member to join us in the role of Traffic Coordinator, Michigan Learning Channel in Wixom, MI.
As Traffic Coordinator, the primary duty is to make sure accurate program logs are completed every day for DPTV’s Michigan Learning Channel. Additional responsibilities include communicating with the Content Coordinator for MLC to get interstitials in-house and logged in Airtable, Excel, and ProTrack. Traffic Coordinator will be involved in every aspect of logging, assigning media ID’s, downloading and formatting interstitials. Traffic Coordinator will also check all billboards in Master Control to ensure proper playback. The Traffic Coordinator will also work with the education and communications departments to ensure that on-air promotion aligns with strategy.
- Scheduling all “break material” between programs and every element that is intended for airing during each program
- Coordinating promos with all departments, to insure they are completed in a timely manner and in sync with overall communication strategy
- Assist in monitoring and tracking program rights
- Generate reports of broadcast of spots for clients
- Serve as back-up Traffic Coordinator for Main Channel as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to handle many tasks at one time, while paying attention to detail, in that every second of airtime must be accounted for accurately
- Must understand technical requirements of broadcast operations to implement all desired elements in each broadcast stream
- Must be able to download and format interstitials
- Excellent communication with other departments
- Strong computer skills
- Problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to be a self-starter and problem-solver and work well with others
- High School diploma
- 3+ years of broadcast scheduling experience preferred
- Knowledge of broadcast scheduling systems
- Knowledge of broadcast automation systems
- Experience with Adobe Premiere Pro preferred
Individual must be able to type and sit behind a desk for extended periods of time.
Individual is exposed to a typical office setting with computer equipment.
What You’ll Get:
- Experience the rewarding feeling of knowing you’re part of an organization committed to the greater good of the community.
- Enjoy a flexible work environment with a hybrid in-person and work from home model.
- Continue to grow and learn through opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Share your input, knowing that your ideas are valued and always welcome.
- Be yourself! We believe your uniqueness makes you an even greater asset to the team.
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to:
WTVS Detroit Public Television 1 Clover Court
Wixom, MI 48393-2247
*No telephone calls or third parties. Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
Posting Date: 7/27/2022
Detroit Educational Television Foundation, d/b/a Detroit Public Television and 90.9 WRCJ, is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability status, marital status, military status, or protected veteran status. Employment decisions at Detroit Public Television will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The specific statements above are not intended to be all inclusive.