Temporary, Part-Time Education Coordinator
Who we are:
Detroit Public TV (DPTV) is the largest and most watched public television station serving Southeastern Michigan, the most diverse public television audience in the country. We’re also the state’s only community-licensed station, meaning we operate independent of any educational, government or other institution. Our funding comes from the community we serve.
Each week more than two million people watch our five broadcast channels, and nearly 200,000 people listen to our radio station, 90.9 WRCJ for classical days and jazzy nights. In addition, DPTV is building the next generation of public media with our rapidly growing digital presence that has grown to reach more than half a million unique visitors through our website, YouTube channels and social media platforms each month.
Our key values: diversity, engagement, trust, innovation, excellence, financial stability, and growth are evident in everything we do from the engaging content we provide, to the way we work with viewers, supporters, board members and employees to the local events we host connecting DPTV with thousands of our fellow community members each year.
Does the idea of building your career alongside a dedicated group of professionals with different backgrounds and experiences excite you? If so, we invite you to join us in our mission to provide public media that helps individuals discover new ideas, make informed decisions, and enjoy enriched lives.
For more information about DPTV, please visit the website www.dptv.org.
We are actively seeking dynamic and diverse team member to join us in the role of Temporary, Part-Time Education Coordinator in Wixom, MI.
The Education Coordinator is responsible for performing a variety of record keeping, organizing and support activities.
- Collect records and files, track and report data required for grant reports, proof of performance and internal use needs
- Maintain and organize an inventory of supplies and materials including electronic devices, keep records of usage and anticipate replacement orders
- Order materials, create purchase orders, get signatures as needed and submit forms for approval
- Support and participate in station education events, coordinating with partners on logistics and details including
character appearances, and preparing needed materials
- Develop strong working relationships internally with all departments
- Work with communications team to create marketing materials including flyers, social posts, emails, Signal ads and newsletter content
- Create audience and curate videos by actively engaging on Instagram
- Work with communications team to identify uploads and sustain organization on Youtube
- Perform other administrative functions and duties as required
- Organize and deliver training workshops for Parent Meet Ups and Ready to Learn, working directly with parents and families
- Train and coach educators and family service workers
- Excellent organization and strong record keeping skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks on multiple projects with detail accurately
- Ability to use MS Office and Google suite of programs and general familiarity with computer operation with a
willingness to learn new programs
- Bachelor’s degree in Education preferred
- Classroom experience preferred
- Ability to communicate with parents and children effectively with experience working with at risk communities
- Experience with non-profit organizations and outreach preferred
- Demonstrated experience with Excel, Google Sheets, and data management
- Strong writing skills
Individual must be able to type and sit behind a desk for extended periods of time and periodically stand for extends periods of time.
Individual is exposed to a typical office setting with computer equipment.
What you’ll get:
- Experience the rewarding feeling of knowing you’re part of an organization committed to the greater good of the community
- Enjoy a flexible work environment with a hybrid in-person and work from home model
- Continue to grow and learn through opportunities for personal and professional development
- Share your input, knowing that your ideas are valued and always welcome
- Be yourself! We believe your uniqueness makes you an even greater asset to the team
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to:
WTVS Detroit Public Television 1 Clover Court
Wixom, MI 48393-2247
*No telephone calls or third parties. Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
Posting Date: 9/20/2022
Detroit Educational Television Foundation, d/b/a Detroit Public Television and 90.9 WRCJ, is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability status, marital status, military status, or protected veteran status. Employment decisions at Detroit Public Television will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The specific statements above are not intended to be all inclusive.