Station Relations Coordinator
Who We Are:
Detroit Public TV (DPTV) is the largest and most watched public television station serving Southeastern Michigan, the most diverse public television audience in the country. We’re also the state’s only community-licensed station, meaning we operate independent of any educational, government or other institution. Our funding comes from the community we serve.
Each week more than two million people watch our five broadcast channels, and nearly 200,000 people listen to our radio station, 90.9 WRCJ for classical days and jazzy nights. In addition, DPTV is building the next generation of public media with our rapidly growing digital presence that has grown to reach more than half a million unique visitors through our website, YouTube channels and social media platforms each month.
Our key values: diversity, engagement, trust, innovation, excellence, financial stability, and growth are evident in everything we do from the engaging content we provide, to the way we work with viewers, supporters, board members and employees to the local events we host connecting DPTV with thousands of our fellow community members each year.
Does the idea of building your career alongside a dedicated group of professionals with different backgrounds and experiences excite you? If so, we invite you to join us in our mission to provide public media that helps individuals discover new ideas, make informed decisions, and enjoy enriched lives.
For more information about DPTV, please visit the website www.dptv.org.
We are actively seeking dynamic and diverse team member to join us in the role of Station Relations Coordinator in Wixom, MI, in a hybrid work structure.
The Station Relations Coordinator is responsible for developing and executing PBS station marketing and communication efforts for nationally distributed programs, series, initiatives and digital offerings, and driving ancillary product sales to PBS stations.
- Develop and manage national marketing/station relations campaigns for all DPTV productions to PBS station programmers, pledge producers, and digital content producers nation-wide
- Coordinate local and national ticket offers and events associated with fundraising programs; facilitate offers between artists/artist management, talent, touring agencies, venues, promoters, and PBS stations
- Maintain a positive working relationship with PBS station programmers and pledge producers across the United States
- Work with DPTV Producers to produce and market national programs and ancillary products as assigned
- Create and maintain a timeline of standards and required assets needed from other DPTV producers for effective program station relations and distribution
- Manage premium development, sourcing, ordering and inventory, including: Books, CDs, DVDs, Tickets, etc. Manage third party ancillary product relationships and negotiations for national pledge programs
- Maintain a working knowledge of program, product, fundraising, and station relation trends nationally
- Track and analyze DPTV station sales, program carriage, programmer feedback, and ratings
- Coordinate all press and promotions related to premiere national pledge program broadcast tests including web, on-air and local media; working with DPTV Communications team, program publicity agent(s) and other related contacts
- Assist in the planning of local pledge program schedules based on tickets, special guests and past program performance
- Gather other performance research and information as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to negotiate effectively
- Ability to manage resources effectively
- Ability to work independently under pressure with minimal supervision
- Ability to contribute creative ideas
- Excellent organizational ability with strong attention to details
- Excellent follow up skills
- Excellent script and proposal writing skills
- Ability to interact and work in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or similar discipline, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years marketing experience
- 2+ years of experience managing project budgets
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel
Individual must be able to:
- Type, and sit behind a desk for extended periods of time
- Work in the field under a wide range of climate conditions
- Look at video, computer screens, printed documents
- Occasional drive on company business
Individual is exposed to a typical office setting with computer equipment and a TV studio or on-location site with some related business travel both within the US and internationally.
What You’ll Get:
- Experience the rewarding feeling of knowing you’re part of an organization committed to the greater good of the community
- Enjoy a flexible work environment with a hybrid in-person and work from home model
- Continue to grow and learn through opportunities for personal and professional development
- Share your input, knowing that your ideas are valued and always welcome
- Be yourself! We believe your uniqueness makes you an even greater asset to the team
Posting Date: 11/6/2023
*No telephone calls or third parties. Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
Detroit Educational Television Foundation, d/b/a Detroit Public Television and 90.9 WRCJ, is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability status, marital status, military status, or protected veteran status. Employment decisions at Detroit Public Television will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The specific statements above are not intended to be all inclusive.