ABOUT DETROIT PUBLIC TV
Detroit Public TV (DPTV) is Michigan’s largest and most watched television station serving Southeastern Michigan and serves the most diverse public television audience in the country. DPTV is also the state’s only community-licensed station, meaning it operates independent of any educational, government or other institution. Its funding comes from the community it serves.
Each week more than two million people watch our four broadcast channels, and nearly 200,000 people listen to our radio station, WRCJ 90.9 FM for classical days and jazzy nights. In addition, DPTV is building the next generation of public media with our rapidly growing digital presence which has grown to reach more than half a million unique visitors through our website, YouTube channels, and social media platforms each month.
Our core values: excellence, innovation, trust, diversity, engagement, and financial sustainability are evident in everything we do. From the engaging content we provide, to the way we work with viewers, supporters, board members and employees, to the local events we host, DPTV connects with thousands of our fellow community members each year.
We are actively pursuing a dynamic and diverse team member to join us in the role of Radio & Production Engineer. The station offices are in Detroit, MI and Wixom, MI.
The Radio & Production Engineer is responsible for maintenance and repair of radio equipment, as well as receiving, transmitting and production equipment.
Does the idea of joining our team of dedicated professionals with different backgrounds and experiences excite you? If so, we invite you to join us in our mission to educate, engage, entertain, and inspire through the power of public media.
For more information about DPTV, please visit the website www.dptv.org.
- • Setup and maintain studio and remote productions and related equipment.
- • Install and perform preventive maintenance on the station’s control consoles, boards, recording equipment, microphones, and a wide variety of other station equipment and electronic systems.
- • Operate of remote audio transmission equipment both ISDN and IP based.
- • Solid State GatesAir Transmitter and air chain maintenance.
- • Design, or modify equipment to meet specific requirements.
- • Diagnose trouble rapidly and to apply corrective measures.
- • Act as liaison with manufacturers to coordinate and authorize warranty repairs for both preventative and predictive maintenance.
- • Assist users with difficulties associated with video production switchers, graphics platforms, camera systems, studio lighting, video servers, analog/digital audio mixing equipment, intercom systems, etc.
- • Other duties as assigned.
- • Ability to work a flexible schedule through a 7 day week.
- • Self-starter with the ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- • Detail-oriented with the ability to understand and follow instructions.
- • Team player with a strong sense of responsibility.
- • Strong technical and communication skills.
- • Ability to adapt new technology and methods to enhance effectiveness.
- • 3+ years of experience in radio broadcast operations
- • 2+ years of experience maintaining broadcast equipment
- • Associates or Bachelor’s degree in electronics technology, or equivalent technical training strongly preferred
- • Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- • Available to work varied hours including weekends and holidays
- • Knowledge of IT interfaces with Windows and Mac systems
What you will get:
As part of the DPTV family, you will enjoy a complete package of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 403(b) with employer match, HSA/FSA, life insurance, paid vacation days and paid holidays.
In addition to the benefits you would expect, our engaging and welcoming environment is a place where you can:
- • Experience the rewarding feeling of knowing you are a part of an organization committed to the greater good of the community.
- • Take a little time for fun and friendship. It is not uncommon to catch people doing yoga together at lunch, conversing about their favorite part of a story during a book club meeting or enjoying a walk around the pond on a nice sunny day.
- • Continue to grow and learn through opportunities for personal and professional development.
- • Share your input, knowing that your ideas are valued and always welcome.
- • Be yourself! We believe your uniqueness makes you an even greater asset to the team.
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources WTVS Detroit Public Television 1 Clover Court Wixom, MI 48393-2247
*No telephone calls or third parties. Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
Posting Date: 7/19/2021
Detroit Educational Television Foundation, d/b/a Detroit Public Television and WRCJ 90.9 FM, is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability status, marital status, military status, or protected veteran status. Employment decisions at Detroit Public Television will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The specific statements above are not intended to be all inclusive.