Part Time Education Coordinator
Who We Are:
Detroit Public TV (DPTV) is Michigan’s largest and most watched television station serving Southeastern Michigan, the most diverse public television audience in the country. DPTV is also the state’s only community-licensed station, meaning it operates independent of any educational, government or other institution. Its funding comes from the community it serves.
Each week more than two million people watch our four broadcast channels, and nearly 200,000 people listen to our radio station, WRCJ 90.9 FM for classical days and jazzy nights. In addition, DPTV is building the next generation of public media with our rapidly growing digital presence that has grown to reach more than half a million unique visitors through our website, YouTube channels and social media platforms each month.
Our key values: trust, service, achievement, teamwork, respect, creativity and growth are evident in everything we do from the engaging content we provide, to the way we work with viewers, supporters, board members and employees to the local events we host connecting DPTV with thousands of our fellow community members each year.
Does the idea of building your career alongside a dedicated group of professionals with different backgrounds and experiences excite you? If so, we invite you to join us in our mission to provide public media that helps individuals discover new ideas, make informed decisions, and enjoy enriched lives.
We are actively pursuing dynamic and diverse team members to join us in the role of Part Time Education Coordinator in Wixom, MI.
What You’ll Do:
The Education Coordinator is responsible for performing a variety of record keeping, organizing and support activities.
- Coordinate activities for texting platform including recommending partner events, submit for approval, create text messages from approved events, enter in the system for final review and dispatch
- Enter and monitor education team tasks in Teamwork System including tasks assigned to other departments
- Set up records and files to collect, track and report all data required for texting, grant reports, proof of performance and internal use needs, coordinating with the MSU evaluation team as appropriate
- Maintain and organize an inventory of supplies and materials including electronic devices, keep records of usage and anticipate replacement orders
- Support and participate in station education events, coordinating with partners on all logistics and details, and preparing needed materials
- Draft funder narrative reports for approval and submission as assigned
- Develop strong working relationships internally with all departments
- Perform other administrative functions and duties as required
- Excellent organization and strong record keeping skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
- Ability to perform multiple tasks on multiple projects with detail accurately
- Ability to use MS Office and Google suite of programs and general familiarity with computer operation with a willingness to learn new programs
- Bachelor’s degree in Education preferred
- Experience with non-profit organizations and outreach preferred
- Demonstrated experience with Excel, Google Sheets, and data management
- Strong writing skills
What You’ll Get:
As part of the DPTV family, you will enjoy paid vacation days and paid holidays.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, our engaging and welcoming environment is a place where you can:
- Experience the rewarding feeling of knowing you’re part of an organization committed to the greater good of the community
- Take a little time for fun and friendship. It’s not uncommon to catch people doing yoga together at lunch, conversing about their favorite part of a story during a book club meeting or enjoying a walk around the pond on a nice sunny day.
- Continue to grow and learn through opportunities for personal and professional development
- Share your input, knowing that your ideas are valued and always welcome
- Be yourself! We believe your uniqueness makes you an even greater asset to the team.
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to:
WTVS Detroit Public Television
1 Clover Court
Wixom, MI 48393-2247
*No telephone calls or third parties. Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
Posting Date: 11/6/2019
Detroit Educational Television Foundation, d/b/a Detroit Public Television and WRCJ 90.9 FM, is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability status, marital status, military status, or protected veteran status. Employment decisions at Detroit Public Television will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The specific statements above are not intended to be all inclusive.