Who We Are:
Detroit Public TV (DPTV) is the largest and most watched public television station serving Southeastern Michigan, the most diverse public television audience in the country. We’re also the state’s only community-licensed station, meaning we operate independent of any educational, government or other institution. Our funding comes from the community we serve.
Each week more than two million people watch our five broadcast channels, and nearly 200,000 people listen to our radio station, 90.9 WRCJ for classical days and jazzy nights. In addition, DPTV is building the next generation of public media with our rapidly growing digital presence that has grown to reach more than half a million unique visitors through our website, YouTube channels and social media platforms each month.
Our key values: diversity, engagement, trust, innovation, excellence, financial stability, and growth are evident in everything we do from the engaging content we provide, to the way we work with viewers, supporters, board members and employees to the local events we host connecting DPTV with thousands of our fellow community members each year.
Does the idea of building your career alongside a dedicated group of professionals with different backgrounds and experiences excite you? If so, we invite you to join us in our mission to provide public media that helps individuals discover new ideas, make informed decisions, and enjoy enriched lives.
For more information about DPTV, please visit the website.
We are actively seeking dynamic and diverse team member to join us in the role of Engineering Coordinator in Wixom, MI.
The Engineering Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day scheduling of personnel, production and post-production facilities, and the reconciliation of inter-departmental and client allocation by project. This position is also responsible for the organization and documentation of numerous broadcast reports, including but not limited to, emergency alert system weekly reports, radio frequency broadcast measurements, hydraulic lift maintenance, vehicle maintenance, and asset management.
- Schedule production technicians at DPTV and WRCJ FM
- Schedule DPTV production facilities, equipment, and HD mobile truck as well as post-production facilities as requested
- Interface with producers, directors, and technicians before and during productions to ensure that studio and field shoots are properly staffed, and within the IBEW contract requirements
- Report staffing, scheduling, or related issues to engineering management
- Coordination of broadcast reports
- College degree with concentration in communications, business, OR equivalent experience
- 2+ years administrative support or customer service experience
- General television and/or radio broadcast production experience a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Competent with MS Office and able to learn new computer software
- Ability to manage deadlines and complete work in a dynamic environment
- Detail-oriented and organized, with a self-starter mindse
- Team player outlook
- Problem solver aptitude, with trouble shooting skills
Individual must be able to type and sit behind a desk for extended periods of time.
Individual is exposed to a typical office setting with computer equipment.
What you’ll get:
- Experience the rewarding feeling of knowing you’re part of an organization committed to the greater good of the community.
- Enjoy a flexible work environment with a hybrid in-person and work from home model.
- Continue to grow and learn through opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Share your input, knowing that your ideas are valued and always welcome.
- Be yourself! We believe your uniqueness makes you an even greater asset to the team.
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to:
WTVS Detroit Public Television 1 Clover Court
Wixom, MI 48393-2247
*No telephone calls or third parties. Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
Posting Date: 7/15/2022
Detroit Educational Television Foundation, d/b/a Detroit Public Television and 90.9 WRCJ, is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability status, marital status, military status, or protected veteran status. Employment decisions at Detroit Public Television will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The specific statements above are not intended to be all inclusive.