Accounts Payable Coordinator (Part Time)
Who We Are:
Detroit Public TV (DPTV) is the largest and most watched public television station serving Southeastern Michigan, the most diverse public television audience in the country. We’re also the state’s only community-licensed station, meaning we operate independent of any educational, government or other institution. Our funding comes from the community we serve.
Each week more than two million people watch our five broadcast channels, and nearly 200,000 people listen to our radio station, 90.9 WRCJ for classical days and jazzy nights. In addition, DPTV is building the next generation of public media with our rapidly growing digital presence that has grown to reach more than half a million unique visitors through our website, YouTube channels and social media platforms each month.
Our key values: diversity, engagement, trust, innovation, excellence, financial stability, and growth are evident in everything we do from the engaging content we provide, to the way we work with viewers, supporters, board members and employees to the local events we host connecting DPTV with thousands of our fellow community members each year.
Does the idea of building your career alongside a dedicated group of professionals with different backgrounds and experiences excite you? If so, we invite you to join us in our mission to provide public media that helps individuals discover new ideas, make informed decisions, and enjoy enriched lives.
For more information about DPTV, please visit the website www.dptv.org.
We are actively seeking dynamic and diverse team member to join us in the role of Accounts Payable Coordinator (Part Time) in Wixom, MI, in a hybrid work structure, working in-office one day a week and remotely for the rest.
The Accounts Payable Coordinator (Part Time) is responsible for coordinating the accounting processes for acquiring and paying for goods and services. This position has internal contacts with the entire administrative staff and external contact with vendor accounts receivable departments.
- Maintain independent contractor and purchase order files; Match invoices to independent contractor agreements; Match invoices to packing slips and purchase orders; Verify invoices for quantity, unit price, extension, and discount
- Record & route invoices for approval according to signature authorities for payment; assign dates for invoices to be paid
- Issue payments upon special request or in accordance with regular schedule
- Communicate with suppliers regarding errors or questions on invoices
- Verify month-end totals, coordinate closing with accounting manager
- Reconcile general ledger accounts monthly
- Determine various department allocations and post them as required
- Create and update vendor records
- Complete credit application requests
- Assist with other tasks as assigned
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform numerical detail work accurately
- Ability to work effectively & timely in a hybrid environment
- 2+ years of experience in Accounts payable and/or Associate degree in Accounting
- Proficiency in computer software programs; specifically Word and Excel: experience with Sage Intacct a plus
- Must be bondable
Individual must be able to type and sit behind a desk for extended periods of time
Individual is exposed to a typical office setting with computer equipment
What You’ll Get:
- Experience the rewarding feeling of knowing you’re part of an
- Enjoy a flexible work environment with a hybrid in-person and work from home model
- Continue to grow and learn through opportunities for personal and professional development
- Share your input, knowing that your ideas are valued and always welcome
- Be yourself! We believe your uniqueness makes you an even greater asset to the team
Posting Date: 2/27/2023
*No telephone calls or third parties. Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
Detroit Educational Television Foundation, d/b/a Detroit Public Television and 90.9 WRCJ, is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability status, marital status, military status, or protected veteran status. Employment decisions at Detroit Public Television will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The specific statements above are not intended to be all inclusive.
Sign up for DPTV eNews
Find out about the new member benefit that lets you watch your favorite shows anytime.