ABOUT DETROIT PUBLIC TV
Detroit Public TV (DPTV) is Michigan’s largest and most watched television station serving Southeastern Michigan, and serves the most diverse public television audience in the country. DPTV is also the state’s only community- licensed station, meaning it operates independent of any educational, government or other institution. Its funding comes from the community it serves.
Each week more than two million people watch our four broadcast channels, and nearly 200,000 people listen to our radio station, WRCJ 90.9 FM for classical days and jazzy nights. In addition, DPTV is building the next generation of public media with our rapidly growing digital presence which has grown to reach more than half a million unique visitors through our website, YouTube channels, and social media platforms each month.
Our core values: excellence, innovation, trust, diversity, engagement, and financial sustainability are evident in everything we do. From the engaging content we provide, to the way we work with viewers, supporters, board members and employees, to the local events we host, DPTV connects with thousands of our fellow community members each year.
Does the idea of joining our team of dedicated professionals with different backgrounds and experiences excite you? If so, we invite you to join us in our mission to educate, engage, entertain, and inspire through the power of public media.
For more information about DPTV, please visit the website www.dptv.org.
We are currently actively recruiting for our Accounts Payable Accountant position located in Wixom, MI.
The Accounts Payable Accountant is responsible for coordinating the accounting processes for acquiring and paying for goods and services. This position has internal contacts with the entire administrative staff and external contact with vendor accounts receivable departments.
- Maintain independent contractor and purchase order files; Match invoices to independent contractor agreements;
- Match invoices to packing slips and purchase orders;
- Verify invoices for quantity, unit price, extension and discount
- Route invoices for approval according to signature authorities for payment; assign dates for invoices to be paid
- Issue payments daily upon special request or in accordance with weekly schedule prepared by Controller/CFO
- Communicate with suppliers regarding errors or questions on invoices
- Record A/P invoices in general ledger/Sage Intacct
- Verify month-end totals and coordinate closing to the general ledger with accounting manager
- Reconcile general ledger accounts on a monthly basis
- Determine various department allocations and post them as required (UPS, phones, insurance)
- Maintain W-9, W-8BEN forms; and generate 1099/1096 and 1042/1042S annually with good understanding of IRS instructions
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Complete credit application requests
- Serve as a backup for other departmental tasks, such as A/R, mail and sales order processing
- Assist with inventory count and other tasks as assigned
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform Numerical detail work accurately Qualifications
- 2+years of experience in Accounts payable and/or Associate degree in Accounting
- Proficiency in computer software programs; specifically Word and Excel: experience with Sage Intacct a plus
- Must be bondable
What you’ll get:
As part of the DPTV family, you will enjoy a complete package of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 403(b) with employer match, HSA/FSA, life insurance, paid vacation days and paid holidays.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, our engaging and welcoming environment is a place where you can:
- Experience the rewarding feeling of knowing you are a part of an organization committed to the greater good of the community.
- Take a little time for fun and friendship. It’s not uncommon to catch people doing yoga together at lunch, conversing about their favorite part of a story during a book club meeting or enjoying a walk around the pond on a nice sunny day.
- Continue to grow and learn through opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Share your input, knowing that your ideas are valued and always welcome.
- Be yourself! We believe your uniqueness makes you an even greater asset to the team.
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to:
WTVS Detroit Public Television
1 Clover Court Wixom, MI 48393-2247
*No telephone calls or third parties. Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email. Posting Date: 8/26/2020 Detroit Educational Television Foundation, d/b/a Detroit Public Television and WRCJ 90.9 FM, is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability status, marital status, military status, or protected veteran status. Employment decisions at Detroit Public Television will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The specific statements above are not intended to be all inclusive.