ABOUT DETROIT PUBLIC TV
Detroit Public TV (DPTV) is Michigan’s largest and most watched television station serving Southeastern Michigan, and serves the most diverse public television audience in the country. DPTV is also the state’s only community-licensed station, meaning it operates independent of any educational, government or other institution. Its funding comes from the community it serves.
Each week more than two million people watch our four broadcast channels, and nearly 200,000 people listen to our radio station, WRCJ 90.9 FM for classical days and jazzy nights. In addition, DPTV is building the next generation of public media with our rapidly growing digital presence which has grown to reach more than half a million unique visitors through our website, YouTube channels, and social media platforms each month.
Our core values: excellence, innovation, trust, diversity, engagement, and financial sustainability are evident in everything we do. From the engaging content we provide, to the way we work with viewers, supporters, board members and employees, to the local events we host, DPTV connects with thousands of our fellow community members each year.
Does the idea of joining our team of dedicated professionals with different backgrounds and experiences excite you? If so, we invite you to join us in our mission to educate, engage, entertain, and inspire through the power of public media.
For more information about DPTV, please visit the website www.dptv.org.
We are currently actively recruiting for our Digital Platforms Generalist position located in Wixom, MI.
The Digital Platforms Generalist is responsible for the oversight and implementation of digital content across the organization’s websites, apps, and video platforms.
- Update content and promotions on the station’s website(s), apps, and video platforms; using WordPress, HTML and CSS, PBS Media Manager, PBS Curate, and YouTube
- Develop graphics and images for digital marketing, i.e., carousel images, thumbnails, and banners
- Produce and edit platform-specific content and create webpages (text, images, and video)
- Create website popups to promote membership, donation, and newsletter sign-up
- Coordinate with other departments to develop web content for events, programming, membership, etc
- Support live streaming on websites and social media platforms
- Support email communications for assigned newsletters
- Assist with monitoring, analyzing, and reporting performance analytics
- Work with PBS Digital to stay current with products and tools, including Station Manager, Curate, Media Manager, and Domo
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with WordPress and video platform Content Management Systems
- Knowledge of website page development, including use of HTML, CSS, and site plug-ins
- Experience writing copy for digital marketing
- Experience with Adobe Suite, including Premiere Pro and Photoshop
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite, Word, Excel, Teams
- Familiarity with project management tools, i.e., Teamwork
- Experience with data analytic tools
- Ability to set and meet deadlines, work irregular and extended hours when necessary
- Attention to detail is very important
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills, including conveying technical complexities to non-technical colleagues and documenting workflows
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to work effectively with people across all lines of the Company
- Bachelor’s degree in Digital Media, Communications, Marketing, or related field
- A minimum of three (3) years of work experience in managing content and digital platforms
- Experience with Content Management Systems
Individuals must be able to:
- Type, and sit behind a desk for extended periods
- Work in the field under a wide range of climate conditions
- Look at video, computer screens, printed documents
- Occasional drive and or travel on company business
Individual is exposed to a typical office setting with computer equipment.
What you’ll get:
As part of the DPTV family, you will enjoy a complete package of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 403(b) with employer match, HSA/FSA, life insurance, paid vacation days and paid holidays.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, our engaging and welcoming environment is a place where you can:
- Experience the rewarding feeling of knowing you are a part of an organization committed to the greater good of the community.
- Take a little time for fun and friendship. It’s not uncommon to catch people doing yoga together at lunch, conversing about their favorite part of a story during a book club meeting or enjoying a walk around the pond on a nice sunny day.
- Continue to grow and learn through opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Share your input, knowing that your ideas are valued and always welcome.
- Be yourself! We believe your uniqueness makes you an even greater asset to the team.
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources WTVS Detroit Public Television 1 Clover Court Wixom, MI 48393-2247
*No telephone calls or third parties. Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
Posting Date: 12/1/2021
Detroit Educational Television Foundation, d/b/a Detroit Public Television and WRCJ 90.9 FM, is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability status, marital status, military status, or protected veteran status. Employment decisions at Detroit Public Television will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The specific statements above are not intended to be all inclusive.