Beyond the Light Switch
An In-depth and Essential Addition to America's Energy Debate
A Detroit Public Television & Scientific American production
Winner of the DuPont-Columbia University award for journalistic excellence, Beyond the Light Switch 1 & 2 took viewers on an enlightening journey of discovery into the future of electricity. In this next installment, our host, Scientific American's David Biello, examines the need to de-carbonize the U.S. economy to guarantee our economic, energy, and environmental security.
Coming up in Beyond the Light Switch 3 & 4:
- The Electrification of America
- Marines & Army Going Green
- Port of Los Angeles & O'Hare Airport Rapid Move toward Electrification
- Nuclear power – post Fukushima
- Natural Gas – Windfall
- Electric Vehicles – Ready for Primetime?
- Solar power – Solar's Version of Moore's Law in Effect?
- Geothermal – the Only Base Load Renewable
To learn about sponsorship opportunities surrounding Beyond the Light Switch, please contact Lynn Kaiafas Chasiotis at email@example.com.
Follow on Facebook and Twitter.
Producer/Director Ed Moore
At the helm of Beyond the Light Switch is award-winning producer/director Ed Moore. Ed is highly regarded by PBS for his insightful storytelling which conveys often highly technical information in a disarming, jargon-free manner. This skill set makes Ed a superb choice to organize the many disparate facts underpinning Beyond the Light Switch's subject matter into compelling, edifying, and highly accessible viewing.