Detroit Public Television is looking for a Volunteer - Reception to join our team.
Download the PDF (400.0 KB)
Job ID: Volunteer (UNPAID)
October 22, 2014 until filled
We will train the right volunteer! To apply, or for more information, please contact HR
This position serves as the first point of contact with visitors to Detroit Public Television and other organization within the building. The Front Desk Receptionist provides assistance to individuals by answering the main phone line, responding to routine questions, providing general information and performing general clerical duties.
Two shift positions are available; volunteers may choose one or more shifts per week or on a bi-weekly basis. 9 AM to 1 PM - or - 1 PM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday.
- Greet all building visitors in a welcoming and professional manner.
- Ensure that all building visitors (guests, volunteers, etc.) are properly signed in to the building.
- Answer incoming calls on a multi-line phone system; give out information, route calls, and take messages.
- Assist staff with mailings, other office projects and basic data entry.
- Basic computer knowledge, as well as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), are preferred.
- Must be customer service and detail oriented.
- Must be dependable, professional and at least 18 years of age.