Senior Accountant & Systems Analyst
We are actively pursuing dynamic and diverse team members to join us in the role of Senior Accountant & Systems Analyst in Wixom, MI.
What You’ll Do:
The Senior Accountant & Systems Analyst is responsible for recording and analyzing the financial activities and maintaining the accounting information systems of Detroit Educational Television Foundation.
- Maintain accurate and timely general and subsidiary ledgers for financial statements.
- Assist in monthly close and financial statement preparation process.
- Review and analyze monthly balance sheet and profit-and-loss statements; research and investigate general ledger postings, identify errors, provide suggestions for problem resolution.
- Prepare and post annual operating budget information; analyze budget variances and trends; prepare regular financial forecasts.
- Maintain and continually improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the accounting information systems; including the automation of routine accounting tasks.
- Serve as report development resource, providing validation of results, analysis, organizational metrics, cross-functional integration of data and information.
- Assist Department heads in compiling financial data and provide assistance in analyzing business problems.
- Prepare reports on financial results of Station’s activities, productions, special events and other projects.
- Assist in the establishment of controls to ensure compliance with relevant regulations and integrity of financial data.
- Other duties as assigned, including participation in station fundraising activities.
- Team player with strong interpersonal communication and project management skills.
- Efficient organizational skills including prioritizing and time management.
- Ability to interpret and collate relevant data.
- Ability to document complex business processes.
- Ability to analyze financial data, information systems and related business problems, researching alternative solutions and implementing a successful course of action.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field with a concentration in information systems required.
- 5+ years of experience in finance, accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting.
- Experience working with not-for-profit accounting principles, standards and practices preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other related financial accounting software.
- Working knowledge of accounting information systems.
What You’ll Get:
- Excellent benefits package that includes 403(b) employer match, medical, dental, vision and much more.
- Opportunities to participate in personal and professional development programs.
- Opportunities to serve our mission and community.
- Great work environment.
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to:
WTVS Detroit Public Television
1 Clover Court
Wixom, MI 48393-2247
*No telephone calls or third parties. Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
Posting Date: 8/02/2018
Detroit Educational Television Foundation, d/b/a Detroit Public Television and WRCJ FM 90.9, is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability status, marital status, military status, or protected veteran status. Employment decisions at Detroit Public Television will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The specific statements above are not intended to be all inclusive.