Product Development Manager
We are actively pursuing dynamic and diverse team members to join us in the role of Product Development Manager in Wixom, MI.
What You’ll Do:
Under the supervision of Detroit Public Television’s Senior Vice President of Development, the Product Development Manager will develop product plans and presentations for use by our fundraising team for Detroit Public TV & WRCJ 90.9 FM.
Products and presentations will focus in five content categories:
- Leadership & Public Affairs
- Children & Education
- Arts & Culture
- Energy & Environment
- Health & Wellness
Active collaboration with multiple internal departments is required; attention to detail and an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously is critical. This person will work within the strategic vision of the organization’s leading initiatives to develop and build fundable product plans for use by the corporate, foundations and major gifts team.
- Conduct secondary market and product research to understand trends and the needs of the community. Collaborate with content and engagement, development and production departments.
- Author and layout design of project proposals in cooperation with stakeholders including deliverables, timelines, and budgets through understanding of project concepts, ideas, and station relationships. Multi-platform product proposals may include broadcast, print, social and digital distribution, events, engagement plans and partnerships and will require input and commitment from the communications, digital media, and production departments.
- Create a library of assets and case studies to use in the creation of customized packages for proposals while gaining efficiency though repetition of past success. Continuously think creatively and understand market demands and changes to introduce new product concepts.
- Collaborate with the communications department to ensure all products are aligned with the station brand and mission; ensure full understanding of all communications, marketing, and public relations support required for each product.
- Develop sales presentations and materials in coordination with all departments to support the business development team’s ability to gain support and funding for each product.
- Adapt presentations and materials for use in individual giving to seek funding from major donors.
- Educate staff regarding the deliverables, timelines, and budgets of each product ensuring a consistent message to all supporters and the community and supporting a successful product delivery.
- Support the business development and individual giving teams in delivering concepts to funders; attend meetings with funders as required.
- Measure project successes and opportunities for improvement; consider partners, funding teams and station needs; develop methods to test and measure a products impact.
- Document project successes and provide proof of performance summaries to be shared with funders.
- Participate in events and fundraising activities as a DPTV/WRCJ employee, as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong writing skills
- Strong design skills and experience using PowerPoint, Illustrator, Photoshop, Visio
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to concisely communicate simple yet strategic and complex messages both visually and in written form
- Strong influence to build collaborations towards a common goal
- Proactive in anticipating needs and reacting to urgent requests
- Attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field preferred
- 5+ years of experience in product development, sales, marketing or communications
- 5+ years of experience developing proposals and presentations
- 3+ years of experience in project management preferred
- Media/production and non-profit experience preferred
What You’ll Get:
- Excellent benefits package that includes 403(b) employer match, medical, dental, vision and much more.
- Opportunities to participate in personal and professional development programs.
- Opportunities to serve our mission and community.
- Great work environment.
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to:
WTVS Detroit Public Television
1 Clover Court
Wixom, MI 48393-2247
*No telephone calls or third parties. Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
Posting Date: 4/13/2018
Detroit Educational Television Foundation, d/b/a Detroit Public Television and WRCJ FM 90.9, is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability status, marital status, military status, or protected veteran status. Employment decisions at Detroit Public Television will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The specific statements above are not intended to be all inclusive.