Philanthropic Development Intern
Detroit Public Television is looking for a Philanthropic Development Intern to join our team. DPTV Philanthropic Development Intern.pdf (407.6 KB)
Philanthropic Development Intern, unpaid
Job ID: Intern (UNPAID)
October 22, 2014 until filled
No phone calls or third parties please. Include the title of the position you’re apply for in the subject line of the email.
The Philanthropic Development intern will work closely with the Major Giving Department to support our goal to identify, cultivate, engage, and steward relationships with donors who have shown greater support, capacity, and desire to insure the success of DPTV and WRCJ.
- Identify best practices by researching trends across local and national public media outlets.
- Research current and prospective donors for giving capacity.
- Research language for custom proposals for donor solicitation letters.
- Update donor profiles in fundraising database (Salesforce).
- Write copy for brochures and various collateral materials.
- Research and prepare sponsorship packages for department events.
- Research and prepare a new event proposal including budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At the conclusion of the internship, a presentation will be prepared and delivered to DPTV staff regarding the key learning objectives that were achieved during the semester.
At the conclusion of the internship, the intern will be able to:
- Identify and apply best practices for research and solicitation of major donors.
- Write engaging solicitation and sponsorship copy.
- Understand the role of broadcast media in educating and engaging viewers/donors.
- Understand and use effective research and solicitation techniques.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills required, including Excel
- Must be currently enrolled in 4-year university, sophomore or higher status preferred
- Pursuing business/marketing or communications/journalism degree
- Able to work 15-25 hours per week for a minimum of 12 weeks and a maximum of 1 semester