Part-Time Payroll Coordinator
We are actively pursuing dynamic and diverse team members to join us in the role of Payroll Coordinator (Part-time) in Wixom, MI.
What You’ll Do:
The Payroll Coordinator is responsible for the processing and verification necessary to ensure accurate preparation and maintenance of employee payroll.
- Process Bi-weekly payroll.
- Responsible for timely and accurate compilation and reporting of payroll to payroll provider; resolving payroll adjustments, shortages, garnishments, etc.
- Ensure payroll conforms to union contract and 403b Plan provisions.
- Ensure timely and accurate timesheets and tracking to projects.
- Prepare labor utilization reports and assist with project based analysis.
- Maintain accurate and complete employee payroll records.
- Work closely and partner with Human Resources on various tasks, including onboarding new employees, compliance with government regulations and DETF policy.
- Ensure the accuracy of employee benefit choices & payroll deductions.
- W-2 and Affordable Care Act oversight.
- Perform other duties as assigned including journal entries and account reconciliations; assist in month end and year end closing for financial reporting; and various reports, schedules and summaries as required for reporting to management, government and public broadcasting.
- An effective communicator, with strong oral and written skills.
- Efficient organizational skills including prioritizing and time management and strong attention to details.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems, research alternative solutions and implement prompt corrective action.
- Ability to manage time and resources effectively.
- Ability to work independently under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Associates degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- 2+ years of payroll experience; union experience preferred.
- Knowledge of city, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Excel and other related financial accounting software.
- Paycor experience preferred.
What You’ll Get:
- Opportunities to participate in personal and professional development programs.
- Opportunities to serve our mission and community.
- Great work environment.
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to:
WTVS Detroit Public Television
1 Clover Court
Wixom, MI 48393-2247
*No telephone calls or third parties. Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
Posting Date: 8/02/2018
Detroit Educational Television Foundation, d/b/a Detroit Public Television and WRCJ FM 90.9, is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability status, marital status, military status, or protected veteran status. Employment decisions at Detroit Public Television will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The specific statements above are not intended to be all inclusive.