On-Air Host – Classical Music
We are actively pursuing dynamic and diverse team members to join us in the role of On-Air Classical Music Host in Detroit, MI.
What You’ll Do:
Host WRCJ-FM’s midday time slot (10a – 3p) Monday through Friday by presenting classical music as selected by the WRCJ Music Director.
- Announce music selections, play underwriting announcements and other scheduled events, operate the mixer board, sign FCC logs, and other functions as required.
- Ability to connect with listeners and artfully present classical music
- Ability to master broadcast equipment and computer software
- Ability to interview musicians and artists
- Ability and desire to engage audiences through social media
- Ability to problem-solve, improvise or ad-lib as the situation requires
- Minimum of five experience on-air experience in a professional broadcast environment, preferably in a major market
- Keen knowledge of classical music
- Ability to operate audio board, automation system and related equipment such as CD players
- Knowledge of computer systems such as Audio Vault or Adobe Audition
- Active proficiency in engaging audiences through social media platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in art, music, communication or similar discipline strongly preferred
- Non-profit experience preferred
- Demonstrated passion for arts and culture in the local community
What You’ll Get:
- Excellent benefits package that includes 403(b) employer match, medical, dental, vision and much more.
- Opportunities to participate in personal and professional development programs.
- Opportunities to serve our mission and community.
- Great work environment.
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to:
WTVS Detroit Public Television
1 Clover Court
Wixom, MI 48393-2247
*No telephone calls or third parties. Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
Posting Date: 12/14/2018
Detroit Educational Television Foundation, d/b/a Detroit Public Television and WRCJ FM 90.9, is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability status, marital status, military status, or protected veteran status. Employment decisions at Detroit Public Television will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The specific statements above are not intended to be all inclusive.