We are actively pursuing dynamic and diverse team members to join us in the role of Marketing Specialist in Wixom, MI.
What You’ll Do:
The Marketing Specialist will provide content support to all aspects of the Marketing and Digital Team, including social media, website content, blog posts, and emails as needed to fulfill the strategic objectives of DPTV and WRCJ. This individual will seek to refine, enhance and promote DPTV and WRCJ marketing content, communications and engagement.
- Produce content across a wide variety of marketing platforms including but not limited to:
- Social media posts to support engagement of DPTV and WRCJ
- Original graphics for marketing campaigns and initiatives
- Social-first video from existing and original content
- Marketing and blog content for websites
- Support website content creation that is optimized for search engines.
- Understand the strategic objectives of DPTV and WRCJ and apply creative and effective approaches to achieve demonstrable results
- Help enhance the DPTV and WRCJ brands, build its image in the community and promote and amplify its content
- Collaborate with all members of the Marketing and Digital Team, as well as departments throughout DPTV and WRCJ
- Assist in fundraising through developing marketing content
- Other duties as assigned
- Familiarity with and interest in topics of importance to the Detroit Public Television community, including arts and culture, children and education, leadership and public policy, health and wellness, energy and environment and the general well-being of the people of Detroit and Southeast Michigan
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Excellent eye for design
- Knowledge of digital publishing workflow including experience with a content management system (CMS) like WordPress and Django
- Experience with HTML and CSS hand-coding
- Proficient in Photoshop
- Experience with search engine optimization (SEO) concepts
- Knowledge and understanding of popular social media platforms including (but not limited to) Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram
- Knowledge of and adherence to tenets of accuracy, fairness and ethical standards of communications
- Creative, innovative and thoughtful approaches to assignments
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and to work irregular and extended hours when required
- Work well with people, enjoy life, possess a sense of humor
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Broadcast Media, Film or related subject matter field required
- 3-5 years of communications, journalism, public relation, marketing or related experience
What You’ll Get:
- Excellent benefits package that includes 403(b) employer match, medical, dental, vision and much more.
- Opportunities to participate in personal and professional development programs.
- Opportunities to serve our mission and community.
- Great work environment.
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to:
WTVS Detroit Public Television
1 Clover Court
Wixom, MI 48393-2247
*No telephone calls or third parties. Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
Posting Date: 1/17/2019
Detroit Educational Television Foundation, d/b/a Detroit Public Television and WRCJ FM 90.9, is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability status, marital status, military status, or protected veteran status. Employment decisions at Detroit Public Television will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The specific statements above are not intended to be all inclusive.