Major Gifts Officer
We are actively pursuing dynamic and diverse team members to join us in the role of Major Gifts Officer in Wixom, MI.
What You’ll Do:
The Major Gifts Officer at Detroit Public Television is responsible for raising funds and planned gifts from major and leadership donors ($1,000+ and $10,000+) to support DPTV’s mission and operations.
- Develop close relationships with a portfolio of approximately 125-150 major donors, including existing and newly developed donors.
- Work with department management to identify prospects for this level of giving and “networks” of givers from available databases, and cultivates donors and prospects for increased support.
- Strategize the steps in the ask: participates in high-level prospecting, arranges the calls, messages, and meetings, orchestrates the President, senior managers, fellow staffers, board members, and key volunteers as needed to participate in asks where warranted, and makes or follows up on the presentations to close the gifts.
- Grow the number of major donors and the dollars raised from major donors by budgeted amounts, through a series of documented visits, solicitations, and closes.
- Demonstrate a passion for the importance, urgency, exclusivity, and power of public media to improve lives, and a desire to work in a trusted organization that serves the educational, cultural, and informational needs of the community.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Accomplished “face-to-face” fundraiser with a demonstrated ability to present the strategic direction and the importance of the institution to the community
- Strong knowledge of the programming and community priorities of Detroit Public Television and WRCJ 90.9 FM preferred
- Excellent research, written, spoken, social media, and presentational skills
- Ability to work collegially with others in the organization
- Bachelor degree in Philanthropy, Business, Communications, or related field of study or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of experience in Development including:
- extensive use of fundraising database software to capture donor information, research donor history/interests, and generate actionable lists; knowledge of Salesforce a plus
- 2+ years of experience working with Board members and Sr. Managers to develop and execute an “ask”
- 2+ years of experience writing fundraising proposals or grant applications
- CFRE preferred
What You’ll Get:
- Excellent benefits package that includes 403(b) employer match, medical, dental, vision and much more
- Opportunities to participate in personal and professional development programs
- Opportunities to serve our mission and community
- Great work environment
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to:
WTVS Detroit Public Television
1 Clover Court
Wixom, MI 48393-2247
*No telephone calls or third parties. Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
Posting Date: 9/14/2018
Detroit Educational Television Foundation, d/b/a Detroit Public Television and WRCJ 90.9 FM, is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability status, marital status, military status, or protected veteran status. Employment decisions at Detroit Public Television will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The specific statements above are not intended to be all inclusive.