Human Resources Intern
We are actively pursuing dynamic and diverse team members to join us in the role of Human Resources Intern in Wixom, MI.
What You’ll Do:
The Human Resources Intern will support Human Resources initiatives including recruiting, onboarding, training and development, performance management, benefits administration, and employee relations.
- Provide support to employees by answering questions regarding policies and procedures
- Support recruiting activities
- Coordinate intern recruiting and onboarding
- Benefits administration and support
- Maintain employment records and associated files
- Coordinate, organize and plan employee events
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to convey a positive and professional image to applicants, employees, and the general public
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality in all matters
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Enrollment in a university or recent graduate required
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field
- Ability and willingness to work 15-20 hours per week, 3 days/week, for a period of 16 weeks
- 1+ years of experience with Microsoft Outlook
What You’ll Get:
- Opportunities to participate in personal and professional development programs.
- Opportunities to serve our mission and community.
- Great work environment.
Intern applicants must be currently enrolled at a college or university, or have recently (within past 12 months) graduated with a relevant degree. The internship program is unpaid and focused on education and training.
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to:
WTVS Detroit Public Television
1 Clover Court
Wixom, MI 48393-2247
*No telephone calls or third parties. Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
Posting Date: 7/31/2018
Detroit Public Television is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability status, marital status, military status, or protected veteran status. Employment decisions at Detroit Public Television will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The specific statements above are not intended to be all inclusive.