Human Resources Coordinator
We are actively pursuing dynamic and diverse team members to join us in the role of Human Resources Coordinator in Wixom, MI.
What You’ll Do:
The Human Resources Coordinator will participate in the coordination of Human Resources initiatives including recruiting, retention, training and development, performance management, benefits administration, and employee relations.
- Oversee all station recruiting activities, including: collaborating with hiring managers, advertising job vacancies, sourcing candidates, screening candidates, communicating and networking with candidates, and interviewing
- Oversee benefit program administration, billing, and communication
- Oversee intern programs for all departments to ensure a productive learning environment that provides value to both the individual and the organization; network with local colleges and universities
- Run and maintain various HR metrics and other reporting
- Coordinate onboarding process for new employees
- Participate in the development and delivery of training programs for staff and managers, monitor and track training needs and accomplishments
- Maintain employment records and associated files
- Coordinate events including the company picnic and holiday party
- Maintain required state and federal compliance reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to convey a positive and professional image to applicants, employees, and the general public
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality in all matters
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, or currently pursuing
- 1-2 years of experience in a Human Resources function
- Recruiting and benefits administration experience
- Experience with MS Office, including Outlook and Excel
What You’ll Get:
- Excellent benefits package that includes 403(b) employer match, medical, dental, vision and much more.
- Opportunities to participate in personal and professional development programs.
- Opportunities to serve our mission and community.
- Great work environment.
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to:
WTVS Detroit Public Television
1 Clover Court
Wixom, MI 48393-2247
*No telephone calls or third parties. Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
Posting Date: 5/01/2018
Detroit Educational Television Foundation, d/b/a Detroit Public Television and WRCJ FM 90.9, is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability status, marital status, military status, or protected veteran status. Employment decisions at Detroit Public Television will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The specific statements above are not intended to be all inclusive.