Graphic Design Intern
Detroit Public Television is looking for a Graphic Design Intern to join our team in Wixom, MI.
What You’ll Do:
A graphic design intern will work closely with the Manager of Design Services and the Digital Media Director to support the broadcast, marketing and promotional materials of various productions, events and initiatives
- Support the Creative Services department with the creation of original artwork for use on broadcast and print. This includes design concepts, promotional packaging and brand support.
- Support the Digital Platforms team in creation of artwork and optimization of promotional materials for social media and digital marketing. This may include social media cover images, avatars, and posts.
- Develop website graphics for user interface, as well as promotional materials and visual elements for blogs.
- Adhere to the Detroit Public Television Brand Guidelines.
- At the conclusion of the internship, a presentation will be prepared and delivered to DPTV staff regarding the key learning objectives that were achieved during the semester.
At the conclusion of the internship, the intern will be able to:
- Design professional marketing materials for a variety of platforms.
- Learn about the role of broadcast media in educating and engaging viewers.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Strong knowledge and skill in Adobe’s InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Strong understanding of typography, information hierarchy, color and space.
- Working knowledge of Adobe’s Fireworks a plus.
- HTML/CSS experience a plus.
- Video editing skills a plus.
- Good time-management skills and an attention to detail.
- Basic word processing and spreadsheet skills such as Microsoft Office and/or Google Docs necessary.
- Must be resourceful and self-motivated, and able to work on a team.
- Must be currently enrolled in a degree program working toward a graphic and/or web design.
- Able to work 12-20 hours per week for a maximum of 1 semester.
- A passion for public media.
What You’ll Get:
- Opportunities to participate in personal and professional development programs.
- Opportunities to serve our mission and community.
- Great work environment.
Intern applicants must be currently enrolled at a college or university, or have recently (within past 12 months) graduated with a relevant degree. The internship program is unpaid and focused on education and training.
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to:
WTVS Detroit Public Television
1 Clover Court
Wixom, MI 48393-2247
*No telephone calls or third parties. Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
Posting Date: 8/15/2018
Detroit Public Television is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability status, marital status, military status, or protected veteran status. Employment decisions at Detroit Public Television will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The specific statements above are not intended to be all inclusive.