Early Learning Specialist
We are actively pursuing dynamic and diverse team members to join us in the role of Early Learning Specialist in Wixom, MI.
What You’ll Do:
The Early Learning Specialist works with the Manager, Early Childhood Initiatives and the Senior Vice President for Strategy to plan, manage, and monitor the execution and fulfillment of DPTV’s education initiatives. A key responsibility of this position is to ensure that DPTV meets all grant and contract deliverables, deadlines, and reporting requirements. To achieve this work, this position must work collaboratively with multiple departments within the organization. The Education team member will also be required to present DPTV’s strategy, goals, and work to funders, stakeholders, and other clients and community partners.
- Build detailed project plans against defined deliverables, managing tasks and assignment in DPTV’s Teamwork project management system and, when necessary, seeking input from stakeholders, community partners, and content matter experts to build the plan
- Manage multiple timelines and deliverables and regularly track and communicate the project status to the rest of the Education team and to senior management on a regular basis
- Keep detailed records on all project activities in order to fulfill reporting requirements
- Develop systems and checklists to streamline the work of the education team, improve efficiencies, maximize physical resources and educational materials, and assist independent contractors and community educators who are using PBS KIDS and DPTV materials with their audiences
- Establish and prepare documentation on procedures, practices, and resources required for successful implementation of DPTV outreach programs with partners and community agencies
- Help design, establish, and manage measures of impact to gauge the success of Detroit PBS KIDS education work, analyzing the results to improve outcomes and overall station performance
- Work with DPTV’s education team and senior managers to build partnerships with key community stakeholders and integrate them into DPTV’s education activities
- Help develop and work with the production and creative teams around educational marketing and broadcast campaigns, event planning, educational workshops, and online materials in support of DPTV’s educational goals.
- Independently lead and assist in the presentation of DPTV education workshops and training activities
- Collaborate with MSU Extension and other key DPTV partners in the education space to develop opportunities to expand on the station’s work and opportunities, as well as on defined joint activities
- Provide assistance to development department in managing client relationships
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent ability to work collaboratively with people of diverse populations, Strong ability to self-manage and set priorities while managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Excellent organizational ability with strong attention to details
- Systematic record-keeping and data collection practices
- Able to develop creative solutions to address both long-term goals and immediate issues Effective leadership skills to manage and motivate community partners and contractors
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong oral and written communication skills; including clear storytelling skills
- Ability to complete tasks within budget and time constraints and prepare necessary reports
- Basic knowledge of video and digital production
- Fluent in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook, and able to troubleshoot common office technology such as copiers, printers, projectors, conference call and webinar software, and audio systems
- Collaborative and positive team player
- Bachelor’s degree or certification in Education or related field, classroom experience preferred
- Familiarity with early childhood development, including pre-literacy and literacy development, the needs of the “whole child”, multi-generational learning strategies, and Head Start requirements, and familiarity with K-12 state standards
- Experience presenting professional development material to educators
- Project management experience
- Strong writing, record-keeping, and presentation skills this is a skill
- Ability to work a varied schedule including evenings, weekends, and some holidays
What You’ll Get:
- Excellent benefits package that includes 403(b) employer match, medical, dental, vision and much more.
- Opportunities to participate in personal and professional development programs.
- Opportunities to serve our mission and community.
- Great work environment.
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to:
WTVS Detroit Public Television
1 Clover Court
Wixom, MI 48393-2247
*No telephone calls or third parties. Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
Posting Date: 1/29/2019
Detroit Educational Television Foundation, d/b/a Detroit Public Television and WRCJ FM 90.9, is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability status, marital status, military status, or protected veteran status. Employment decisions at Detroit Public Television will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The specific statements above are not intended to be all inclusive.