We are actively pursuing dynamic and diverse team members to join us in the role of Executive Assistant in Wixom, MI.
What You’ll Do:
The Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Chief Operating Officer (COO), and Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The Executive Assistant oversees special projects and performs administrative duties for the CEO, COO, and the CFO. The Executive Assistant makes decisions using judgment and business knowledge and maintains a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant works independently on projects from conception to completion and handles confidential matters with discretion and complete professionalism.
- Complete a variety of administrative tasks for the CEO, COO, and CFO including: screening calls; managing an active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence; arranging detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for meetings.
- Communicate directly and on behalf of the CEO, COO, and CFO with Board Trustees, donors, staff, and others on matters related to Station initiatives.
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, COO, and CFO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provide leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Compose correspondence, standard and ad hoc reports, presentations and other materials.
- Maintain and order office supplies; manage office equipment maintenance and conducts other office management activities.
- Assist in fund raising activities.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with staff, Board Trustees, external partners and donors
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Highly resourceful team player with the ability to also be effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Strong work tenure; 10+ years of professional administrative experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Non-profit experience preferred
- Experience supporting C-Level Executives preferred
What You’ll Get:
- Excellent benefits package that includes 403(b) employer match, medical, dental, vision and much more.
- Opportunities to participate in personal and professional development programs.
- Opportunities to serve our mission and community.
- Great work environment.
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to:
WTVS Detroit Public Television
1 Clover Court
Wixom, MI 48393-2247
*No telephone calls or third parties. Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
Posting Date: 1/23/2018
Detroit Educational Television Foundation, d/b/a Detroit Public Television and WRCJ FM 90.9, is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability status, marital status, military status, or protected veteran status. Employment decisions at Detroit Public Television will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The specific statements above are not intended to be all inclusive.