Digital Platforms Coordinator
We are actively pursuing dynamic and diverse team members to join us in the role of Digital Platforms Coordinator in Wixom, MI.
What You’ll Do:
As a part of the Digital Platforms Team at Detroit Public TV, the Digital Platforms Coordinator is primarily responsible for preparing video files for web video content and supporting the DPTV web presence. Tasks include knowledge of video compression and codecs specifically for web-based video and video editing.
- Post-production processing of video for web content, including:
- Video compression and transcoding using Carbon Coder, Adobe Premiere Pro CC and similar applications
- Captioning for web video using Telestream CaptionMaker software
- Distribute video content to digital distribution platforms, including but not limited to YouTube and Vimeo
- Optimize video for search engine optimization through title, description, and other meta data development
- Create web pages for DETF public and internal facing web properties using basic HTML and content management system (CMS) tools similar to WordPress
- Edit video content for digital distribution using Adobe Premiere Pro CC and QuickTime
- Support digital engagement of DETF social media channels through digital- and social-first video optimization
- Collect and evaluate information available publicly via news organizations, government reports, online forms, blogs, news sites, and other sources to support digital engagement
- Analyze survey data, social media data, manipulate quantitative data in Excel, and synthesize large amounts of information into meaningful charts and presentations
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to work effectively with people across all lines of the Company
- Ability to set and meet deadlines, work irregular and extended hours
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro CC
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite and Google Docs especially Google Sheets
- Knowledge of Telestream CaptionMaker helpful
- Basic HTML and CMS knowledge, WordPress knowledge a plus
- Attention to detail very important
- Certification, Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Broadcasting, Digital Communications or related field
- 1-2 years of work related experience
- 1+ years of experience with video editing tools including Adobe Premiere Pro CC and QuickTime
- 1+ years of experience with video compression codecs
What You’ll Get:
- Excellent benefits package that includes 403(b) employer match, medical, dental, vision and much more.
- Opportunities to participate in personal and professional development programs.
- Opportunities to serve our mission and community.
- Great work environment.
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to:
WTVS Detroit Public Television
1 Clover Court
Wixom, MI 48393-2247
*No telephone calls or third parties. Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
Posting Date: 10/8/2018
Detroit Educational Television Foundation, d/b/a Detroit Public Television and WRCJ FM 90.9, is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability status, marital status, military status, or protected veteran status. Employment decisions at Detroit Public Television will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The specific statements above are not intended to be all inclusive.