Business Development Intern
Detroit Public Television is looking for an Unpaid Business Development Intern to join our team.
The Business Development Intern will work closely with the Corporate Underwriting department to support outreach to local organizations and businesses as potential sponsors of programs and events on Detroit Public TV.
- Lead generation: Research prospects and contact information for potential sponsors.
- Research various marketing methods including, direct mail, print ads, networking, internet, and social media, as sources for lead generation.
- Draft contracts for internal booking.
- Join in in sales calls to learn a sales process which blends philanthropy and delivery of marketing assets.
- Assist Product Development specialist in creation of materials for presentation
- Other duties as assigned.
- At the conclusion of the internship, a presentation will be prepared and delivered to DPTV staff regarding the key learning objectives that were achieved during the semester.
At the conclusion of the internship, the intern will be able to:
- Identify and apply best practices in prospecting and presentation materials
- Familiarity with the workings of Business Development Department
- Learn about fulfillment of materials requiring interface with other departments at TV station
- Understand and use effective research and marketing techniques
- Basic Microsoft Office skills required, including Excel
- Must be currently enrolled in 4-year university, sophomore or higher status preferred
- Pursuing business/marketing or communications/journalism degree
- Able to work 12-20 hours per week for a maximum of 1 semester, or 16 weeks
What You’ll Get:
- Opportunities to participate in personal and professional development programs.
- Opportunities to serve our mission and community.
- Great work environment.
Intern applicants must be currently enrolled at a college or university, or have recently (within past 12 months) graduated with a relevant degree. The internship program is unpaid and focused on education and training.
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to:
WTVS Detroit Public Television
1 Clover Court
Wixom, MI 48393-2247
*No telephone calls or third parties. Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
Posting Date: 6/2/2016
Detroit Public Television is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability status, marital status, military status, or protected veteran status. Employment decisions at Detroit Public Television will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The specific statements above are not intended to be all inclusive.