Business Development Intern
Detroit Public Television is looking for a Business Development Intern to join our team in Wixom, MI.
What You’ll Do:
The Business Development Intern will work closely with the Business Development department to support outreach to local organizations and businesses as potential sponsors of programs and events on Detroit Public TV.
- Lead generation: Research prospects and contact information for potential sponsors using LinkedIn and other available methods.
- Identify corporate prospects by monitoring various marketing methods including, social media, digital media, TV, Radio, print ads, and direct mail.
- Learn how to create initial value statements as a catalyst for prospect appointments.
- Research Industry trends as they impact key funder categories.
- Draft contracts for internal booking.
- Join in in sales calls to learn a sales process which blends philanthropy and delivery of marketing assets.
- Assist Product Development specialist in creation of materials for presentation
- May assist Major Gifts and Foundations Departments
- At the conclusion of the internship, a presentation will be prepared and delivered to DPTV staff regarding the key learning objectives that were achieved during the semester.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills required, including Excel
- Must be currently enrolled in 4-year university, sophomore or higher status preferred
- Pursuing business/marketing or communications/journalism degree
- Able to work 12-20 hours per week for a maximum of 1 semester, or 16 weeks
What You’ll Get:
- Opportunities to participate in personal and professional development programs.
- Opportunities to serve our mission and community.
- Great work environment.
Intern applicants must be currently enrolled at a college or university, or have recently (within past 12 months) graduated with a relevant degree. The internship program is unpaid and focused on education and training.
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to:
WTVS Detroit Public Television
1 Clover Court
Wixom, MI 48393-2247
*No telephone calls or third parties. Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
Posting Date: 8/7/2018
Detroit Public Television is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability status, marital status, military status, or protected veteran status. Employment decisions at Detroit Public Television will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The specific statements above are not intended to be all inclusive.